June 7, 2022
Last week Feedspot.com, a social feed reader compiling news feeds from online sources that users can customize and share with other social network users, released their list of the Top 25 Black Magazines & Publications. Black Men In America.com was ranked #15 (see below).
Feedspot.com has a team of over 50 experts whose goal is to discover and rank blogs, podcasts and YouTube channels in several niche categories. Feedspot has curated over 250,000 popular blogs and categorized them in more than 5,000 niche categories and industries. With millions of blogs on the web, finding influential, authority and trustworthy bloggers in a niche industry is a hard problem to address. The ranking is based on relevancy, blog post frequency (freshness), social metrics, domain authority, traffic and many other parameters.
Feedspot routinely removes inactive blogs and those which are no longer relevant to a given list. The list is updated as they receive new blog submissions and re-ranked every few weeks.
To determine this list, Feedspot:
- Used a combination of both algorithmic and human editing as part of their selection process
- Conducted extensive research on Google and social media platforms to discover new influencers
- Used in-house media monitoring tools for discovering bloggers in several niche categories.
- Used their expert editorial team to review each site/blog before adding them to relevant category list
The Ranking is based on
- Industry blogs (those not favoring a specific brand) are given higher rank than blogs by individual brands (who often tend to promote their own products).
- Blog post frequency (freshness)
- Social media follower counts and engagements
- Domain authority
- Age of a blog
- Alexa Web Traffic Rank and many other parameters.
About Black Men In America.com
Here are some interesting stats about our site. As of June 7, 2021:
- 49.5% of our site visitors are men / 50.5% are men
- 25% of our site visitors are between the ages of 25-34 (our largest demographic)
- 7.5% of our site visitors are over the age of 65 (our smallest demographic)
- 31% our site visitors are from the United States, 15% of our site visitors are from China, followed by Indonesia, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Hong Kong, and India
- Our top social media sites are: Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and WordPress
- The most popular cities are New York City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Washington, DC, Dallas, Chicago, Philadelphia and Baltimore
- 42% of our site visitors use the Internet browser “Chrome” followed by “Safari” (32%), Mozilla (10%) and Edge (4%). Samsung, Android and Firefox make up the remaining percentage
- 58% of our site visitors access our site via their mobile phone, 40% access our site via desktop and 2% access our site via tablet
- 54% of our site visitors access the site via their iPhone
Our goal is to share stories of interest to our readers and provide content by a wide variety of contributors from all walks of life, aggregated news sources on the topics of current events, politics, health & wellness, business, entertainment and more.
There will be growing pains. As you navigate the site please know that we are open to your feedback as we try and find a safe place to land.
As always, we appreciate your continued support.