“MasterChef Gary,” is a fictitious character developed by Black Men In America.com Founder & Publisher Gary Johnson. Gary markets himself as a “Certified” Cucumber & Tomato Specialist and the self-proclaimed Director of International Sales & Marketing and the “Face” of the All-in-One Master Tonic. In addition, MasterChef Gary is the Road Manager and Valet for former musical prodigy and child star “Little” Elzie Patterson.
Gary has made a series of YouTube videos marketing his original recipes featuring the All-in-One Master Tonic.
Though commonly thought to be a vegetable, cucumber is actually a fruit. It’s high in beneficial nutrients, as well as certain plant compounds and antioxidants that may help treat and even prevent some conditions.
Also, cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
This information written by Rachael Link takes a closer look at some of the top health benefits of eating cucumber.
- Cucumbers are low in calories but high in water and several important vitamins and minerals. Eating cucumbers with the peel provides the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Cucumbers contain antioxidants, including flavonoids and tannins, which prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Cucumbers are composed of about 96% water, which may increase hydration and help you meet your daily fluid needs.
- Cucumbers are low in calories, high in water and can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes. All of these may aid in weight loss.
- Test-tube and animal studies show that cucumber may help lower blood sugar and prevent diabetes-related complications, although additional research is needed.
- Cucumbers contain a good amount of fiber and water, both of which may help prevent constipation and increase regularity.
- Cucumbers can be eaten fresh or pickled. They can be enjoyed as a low-calorie snack or used to add flavor in a variety of dishes.The Bottom Line
Cucumbers are a refreshing, nutritious and incredibly versatile addition to any diet. They are low in calories but contain many important vitamins and minerals, as well as a high water content. Eating cucumbers may lead to many potential health benefits, including weight loss, balanced hydration, digestive regularity and lower blood sugar levels.