Photo credit: Former Maryland Lt. Governor Anthony Brown, Former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley and Dr. Fredrick Clark, DDS
Scientific research has shown that healthy teeth have an important effect on our diet, health and overall sense of well-being. (You can’t eat soup, apple sauce and smoothies for the rest of your life. I guess you could, but who would want to do that). Most people lose their teeth as a result of gum disease, tooth decay, or an accident.
By age 50, most Americans have lost 12 teeth. (Let that sink in for a minute). Tooth loss can affect your bite, smile, facial structure, confidence and your overall health and lifespan.
Here are three reasons why it’s important to take care of your teeth:
- Increased Life Expectancy – Research shows that people who have all their teeth at age 74 have a lower risk of premature death.
- Quality of Life – People who have lost their teeth may experience problems when eating or pronouncing words clearly. Many of them avoid smiling because of embarrassment. You see them trying to smile with their lips.
- Health Problems – Some studies have shown that missing teeth can be linked to other medical issues, such as heart disease, diabetes, and oral cancers.
A lot of people don’t go to the dentist. Why? Because they don’t have dental insurance and they can’t afford it.
Many dentists know that this is a problem. They have battled with insurance companies to make dental insurance more affordable. Some dentists have said, “enough is enough” and are taking matters in their own hands to make quality dental care more affordable.
One of those dentists at the forefront is Dr. Fredrick Clark, DDS. Dr. Clark, a graduate of the Howard University School of Dentistry, has been an advocate in this area for years and he’s been an active dentist in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and Baltimore.
Dr. Clark is committed to provide quality dental care for everyone, especially, children.
If you don’t have dental insurance or you have poor coverage, Dr. Fredrick Clark has a $50.00 a year dental plan.
You read that correctly. “Dr. Fredrick Clark has a $50.00 a year dental plan.” So what does this mean? It means, $50.00 will get you access to quality dental care.
If you’ve been putting off getting your teeth cleaned or getting a tooth filled, or even getting a tooth removed, you can get that done under this $50.00 a year dental plan.
If you are fortunate enough to have dental insurance, or you have the money to see a dentist, why not sponsor someone who needs dental care. You might be extending or saving their life.
Call the office of Dr. Fredrick Clark, DDS at 301-567-9372, and ask for details about the $50.00 a year Dental Plan. (Se Habla Espanol)
- Dental health is connected to your overall health and well-being
- Sponsor someone for the dental care plan if you can afford it
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time and floss at least once each day
- If you experience pain in your mouth, don’t put it off. Contact a dentist immediately